November 4, 2022
Zac Davis presented “LIBOR/SOFR Transition and the Impact of the Adjustable Interest Rate (LIBOR) Act” at Western Bankers’ 2022 Lenders & Chief Credit Officers Conference in Dana Point, California. The presentation focused on the provisions of the Adjustable Interest Rate (LIBOR) Act and related regulations proposed by the Federal Reserve, including the different SOFR-based benchmarks proposed by the Federal Reserve, the types of contracts and in what circumstances each fallback benchmark will be applicable, how the fallback benchmarks differ from the LIBOR benchmarks they are replacing and what options banks may have to chart their own path in the transition.
November 2, 2022
On November 1, 2022, Lawrence Spaccasi discussed current items and issues that should be on the radar screen of every bank director and trustee, including current regulatory initiatives, new regulations, innovative transactions and recent developments in governance best practices and risk management. He addressed these matters in the context of a director’s and trustee’s overall responsibilities and fiduciary duties.
October 20, 2022
On October 19, 2022, HV Bancorp, Inc., Doylestown, Pennsylvania, announced the signing of a merger agreement with Citizens Financial Services, Inc., Mansfield, Pennsylvania, pursuant to which HV Bancorp will merge with and into Citizens for total merger consideration of approximately $67.4 million. HV Bancorp stockholders may elect to receive $30.50 in cash or 0.400 shares of Citizens common stock for each share of HV Bancorp common stock they own, subject to proration to ensure that 80% of the outstanding shares of HV Bancorp common stock are exchanged for shares of Citizens common stock and the remaining 20% are exchanged for cash.
October 18, 2022
On October 14, 2022, Barksdale Federal Credit Union, Bossier City, Louisiana, completed its acquisition of HomeBank of Arkansas ("HomeBank"), Greenbrier, Arkansas.
October 13, 2022
To our clients and friends:
The Federal Reserve issued a supervisory letter requiring regulated institutions that are currently engaged in or seeking to engage in crypto-asset-related activities to provide notice to the Federal Reserve and take certain other steps.
Our Alert regarding crypto-asset-related activities is available here.