Tom Hutton is a partner in the firm’s Executive Compensation, Employee Benefits and Taxation Group. Mr. Hutton has been practicing in the executive compensation and employee benefits area for 20 years. He has extensive experience in designing and drafting tax-qualified and non-qualified arrangements, and advising public and private employers on tax issues, including Code Sections 409A, 280G, 368(a) and 162(m). He routinely counsels clients on employment and change-in-control agreements, executive severance arrangements, SEC executive compensation disclosure, corporate governance and succession planning. He also regularly works on clients with respect to bank-owned life insurance arrangements and split-dollar life insurance agreements. He actively counsels clients on employee benefits and tax issues in mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Hutton served as an Attorney-Advisor at the United States Tax Court.
- Executive Compensation, Employee Benefits and Taxation
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Mutual-to-Stock Conversions
- Mutual Holding Company Reorganizations and Stock Offerings
- Community First Bancorp, Inc. and Newton Federal Bank, Covington, GA, in the acquisition of ABB Financial Group, Inc. and Affinity Bank.
- First Seacoast Bank, Dover, NH, in its mutual holding company reorganization and concurrent public offering of $27.4 million of common stock.
- New Buffalo Savings Bank, New Buffalo, MI, in its acquisition by Teachers Credit Union.
- BV Financial, Inc. and BayVanguard Bank, Baltimore, MD, in multiple acquisitions, including their $31.0 million acquisition of MB Bancorp and their acquisition of Kopernik Bank, a mutual bank.
- Citizens Financial Services, Inc. and First Citizens Community Bank, Mansfield, PA, in multiple acquisitions, including their $26.8 million acquisition of MidCoast Community Bancorp, Inc. and MidCoast Community Bank.
- Newton Federal Bank, Covington, GA, in its mutual holding company reorganization and concurrent public offering of $34.7 million of common stock.