Scott Brown counsels financial institutions in a wide range of corporate and securities matters, including mergers and acquisitions, public and private securities offerings, Securities and Exchange Commission reporting compliance and corporate governance matters. Mr. Brown’s securities experience includes representing issuers and underwriters in initial and secondary public offerings and private placements of securities. Mr. Brown also assists companies in their reporting and disclosure obligations under federal and state securities laws and other regulations applicable to corporations, directors, officers and principal shareholders. Mr. Brown also advises financial institutions with respect to various federal and state corporate, regulatory and compliance matters.
- Capital Markets and Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Bank Regulatory and Enforcement Services
- Hometown Financial Group, Inc., Easthampton, MA, in multiple acquisitions, including the $146.5 million acquisition of Randolph Bancorp.
- Hanmi Financial Corporation, Los Angeles, CA in its $110.0 million public offering of subordinated debt.
- Colonial Federal Savings Bank, Quincy, MA, in its mutual holding company reorganization and concurrent public offering of $28.0 million of common stock.
- Univest Financial Corporation, Souderton, PA, in its $100.0 million and $50.0 million public offerings of subordinated debt.
- BV Financial, Inc. and BayVanguard Bank, Baltimore, MD, in multiple acquisitions, including the $54.0 million acquisition of Delmarva Bancshares and the acquisition of North Arundel Savings Bank, a mutual bank.
- Bogota Savings Bank, Teaneck, NJ, in its mutual holding company reorganization and concurrent public offering of $56.5 million of common stock.
- First Interstate BancSystem, Inc., Billings, MT, in multiple acquisitions, including its $587.5 million acquisition of Cascade Bancorp.
- Several investment banking firms as underwriter’s counsel in public and private offerings of common stock and issuances of subordinated debt.