Mike Brown represents financial institutions and their holding companies in a wide range of matters including corporate reorganizations, securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and regulatory and compliance. His practice includes counseling credit unions in both transactional and regulatory matters.
- Capital Markets and Corporate Finance
- Mutual-to-stock conversions
- Mutual holding company reorganizations and stock offerings
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Bank Regulatory and Enforcement Services
- Corporate Governance
- Public Company Reporting and Shareholder Relations
- Credit Unions
- Dollar Mutual Bancorp, Pittsburgh, PA, in its pending $158.0 million acquisition of Standard AVB Financial Corp.
- Ben Franklin Financial, Inc., Arlington Heights, IL, and its wholly owned subsidiary, Ben Franklin Bank of Illinois, in the sale of Ben Franklin Bank of Indiana’s assets to Corporate America Family Credit Union. This was the first completed transaction that required a converted thrift to distribute the liquidation account established in connection with its mutual-to-stock conversion and presented several unique regulatory challenges.
- Eagle Financial Bancorp, Inc., Cincinnati, OH, in its mutual-to-stock conversion and concurrent $15.7 million public common stock offering.
- Univest Financial Corporation, Souderton, PA, in its $100.0 million offering of subordinated debt.
- Greene County Bancorp Inc., Catskill, NY, in a private placement of $20.0 million of subordinated debt securities.
- St. Anne’s Credit Union of Fall River, Fall River, MA, in its expansion of the credit union’s field of membership.
- Haverhill Bank, Haverhill, MA, a Massachusetts cooperative bank, in its mutual holding company reorganization.
- Eaton Community Bank, Charlotte, MI, a federal savings bank, in its mutual holding company reorganization.