Marc Levy specializes in mergers and acquisitions, corporate and securities law, corporate governance issues, mutual-to-stock conversions, mutual holding company reorganizations, and other securities offerings for financial institutions. Mr. Levy also represents financial institutions and individuals in regulatory and enforcement matters before the federal banking agencies.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Levy was a Senior Attorney with the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Division of Corporation Finance and Division of Enforcement.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Public Company Reporting and Shareholder Relations
- Corporate Governance
- Capital Markets and Corporate Finance
- Mutual-to-stock conversions
- Mutual holding company reorganizations and stock offerings
- Bank Regulatory and Enforcement Services
- Regulatory Examinations, Investigations and Enforcement
- Represented Provident Financial Services, Inc., Jersey City, New Jersey, in its $181.0 million acquisition of SB One Bancorp.
- Represented Kearny Financial Corp., Fairfield, New Jersey in its $54.0 million acquisition of MSB Financial Corp., Millington, New Jersey
- Represented Dime Community Bancshares, Inc. in its $75.0 million preferred stock offering.
- Represented Northwest Bancshares, Inc. in its $213.4 million acquisition of MutualFirst Financial, Inc.
- Represented Dime Community Bancshares, Inc. in its $115.0 million subordinated debt offering.
- Represented Berkshire Hills Bancorp, Inc. in its $160.0 million common stock offering.
- Represented a venture capital firm in its investment in a community bank that supports fintech firms.
- Represented Investors Bancorp, Inc. in its conversion from a mutual holding company to a stock holding company and concurrent $2.2 billion public offering of common stock.
- Represented several investment banking firms as underwriter’s counsel in public and private offerings of common stock and issuances of subordinated debt.