Lawrence Spaccasi represents financial institutions and their holding companies on a wide range of strategic planning, securities, corporate, executive compensation and regulatory law matters. Mr. Spaccasi has more than 30 years’ experience with financial institutions. He has managed numerous complex corporate reorganizations by both mutual and stock banks, and has completed numerous financial institutions merger and acquisition transactions, mutual-to-stock conversions and mutual holding company reorganizations. He routinely advises boards of directors on corporate governance matters, including stockholder relations and defensive strategies in dealing with activist stockholders.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Spaccasi was Senior Counsel with the Division of Enforcement of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s Financial Institutions Fraud Task Force and Senior Attorney with the Division of Corporation Finance of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in Washington D.C.
Mr. Spaccasi has authored numerous articles and publications and is a frequent speaker on financial institution matters before state and national banking and credit union associations and trade groups, including the American Bankers Association, Connecticut Bankers Association, Independent Community Bankers Association, Massachusetts Bankers Association, New Hampshire Bankers Association, New Jersey Bankers Association, New York Bankers Association, North Carolina Bankers Association, Pennsylvania Association of Community Banks, Pennsylvania Bankers Association, Virginia Bankers Association and Vermont Bankers Association.
- Capital Markets and Corporate Finance
- Debt and equity offerings
- Mutual-to-stock conversions
- Mutual holding company reorganizations and stock offerings
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Bank Regulatory and Enforcement Services
- Bank regulatory and enforcement
- Charter conversions
- Credit union charter conversions
- Corporate Governance
- Public Company Reporting and Shareholder Relations
- Bristol County Savings Bank, Taunton, MA, in its acquisition of Freedom National Bank, Greenville, Rhode Island.
- Dollar Mutual Bancorp, Pittsburgh, PA, in its pending $158.0 million acquisition of Standard AVB Financial Corp.
- Bridge Bancorp, Inc., Bridgehampton, NY, in its pending $489.0 million merger of equals with Dime Community Bancshares, Inc.
- MountainOne Bank, North Adams, MA, in its adoption of a new charter and bylaws to allow for electronic delivery of notice, proxy voting, and electronic attendance at corporator meetings.