Benjamin Azoff focuses his practice on financial institutions, including securities and general corporate law. His experience includes public and private offerings of equity and debt securities, mergers and acquisitions, mutual holding company reorganizations, mutual-to-stock conversions and branch acquisitions and sales. In addition, he regularly advises public companies on corporate governance, fiduciary duties, insider trading, stock exchange listing requirements and filings under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including proxy statements and periodic financial reporting. Mr. Azoff has also assisted a number of financial institutions with bank regulatory and compliance matters.
- Capital Markets and Corporate Finance
- Mutual-to-stock conversions
- Mutual holding company reorganizations and stock offerings
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Public Company Reporting and Shareholder Relations
- Corporate Governance
- Pioneer Bancorp, Inc. and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Pioneer Bank, Albany, NY, in its mutual holding company reorganization and $111.7 million public stock offering.
- FSB Bancorp, Inc., Fairport, NY in its $10.3 million second-step conversion and stock offering and $34.7 million merger with Evans Bancorp, Inc.
- First Mutual Holding Co., Lakewood, OH, in its acquisitions of Blue Grass Federal Savings and Loan Association and Warsaw Federal Savings and Loan Association.
- BCB Bancorp, Inc., Bayonne, NJ, in its $33.5 million offering of subordinated debt.
- AJS Bancorp, Inc., Midlothian, IL in its $14.1 million second-step conversion and stock offering and $34.6 million sale to NorthWest Indiana Bancorp.
- Hometown Bancorp MHC, Walden, NY, and its wholly-owned subsidiaries, Hometown Bancorp, Inc. and Hometown Bank of the Hudson Valley (together, “Hometown”) in their remutualization of a public mutual holding company as result of Hometown’s merger with Wallkill Valley Federal Savings and Loan Association, a mutual savings and loan association.
- Sunshine Bancorp, Inc., Plant City, FL, in its $42.3 million initial public offering, its $30.3 million acquisition of Community Southern Holdings, Inc. and its $176.7 million sale to CenterState Bank Corporation.
- First Guaranty Bancshares, Inc., Hammond, LA in its $21.0 million acquisition of Premier Bancshares, Inc. and its $11.6 million firm commitment initial public offering.
- Simplicity Bancorp, Inc., Covina, CA in its $126.3 million sale to HomeStreet, Inc.
- Monadnock Community Bank, Peterborough, NH in its sale to GFA Federal Credit Union in a precedent setting transaction involving the first sale of a stock savings bank to a credit union.