Babette Schwartz represents financial institutions and their holding companies in a range of corporate, securities, and tax matters, including mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, mutual-to-stock conversions, corporate tax, executive compensation and employee benefits, antitrust, and compliance with state and federal securities laws and bank regulations. Prior to joining Luse Gorman, Ms. Schwartz worked as an honors legal intern at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for one year; this time was split between the Division of Enforcement and then directly for Commissioner Hester Peirce.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Capital Markets and Corporate Finance
- Public Company Reports and Shareholder Relations
- Executive Compensation, Employee Benefits and Taxation
- Corporate Governance
- Bank Regulatory and Enforcement Services
- De Novo Banks and Bank Charter Conversions
- Credit Unions
- State Employees Federal Credit Union, Albany, NY (now referred to as Broadview Federal Credit Union) in its merger of equals with Capital Communications Credit Union, which was the largest credit union merger to date, creating a combined credit union with over $8.0 billion assets and 60 offices.
- Involved in numerous credit union and bank business combination transactions, including Dort Financial Credit Union’s acquisition by merger of Flagler Bank (Florida), Land of Lincoln Credit Union’s acquisition of Colchester State Bank (Illinois), Barksdale Federal Credit Union’s acquisition of Homebank (Arkansas), NuMark Credit Union’s acquisition of Pioneer State Bank (Illinois), and Education Credit Union’s acquisition of H&H Federal Credit Union (Texas).
- Citizens Bank of Cape Vincent, Cape Vincent, New York, in its $8.5 million merger with Gouverneur Savings and Loan Association.